Monday, November 16, 2009

Reflections

From a cracked old mirror, what I see
Is my old tired face, smiling at me

The frame is tarnished, the glass is cracked
As I go to my past, reminiscing back

From a new shiny mirror, on the wall
In the hands of a lady, young and tall

Was my baby self, with fat little feet
Covered in a soft, white, cotton sheet

From a mirror that hung for eight long years
I see a child with so many fears

The beautiful smile still etched upon
From the mirror that hung since I was born

From a mirror with a slightly aged frame
I see my young face, and it's not the same

A rebellious teenager stares at me
Black hair, brown eyes, a pout, I see

An older mirror, but yet the same one
Reflects the rays of the golden sun

As I stand in front, wedded in white
I see myself in a whole new light

The mirror gets older, as I too age
My life book opens at a brand new page

I see my baby son in my arms
From the mirror that reflects all the calm

The mirror with the glass, beginning to crack
Reflects my children with large back packs

Going out to the world, far away
The mirror seems to preserve each day

The age old mirror, since I was born
Hangs in its gilded frame, all alone

As my little grandchildren crowd around
And makes such a racket! Oh what a sound!

The time is passing, it has nearly gone out
The mirror reflected all, without a doubt

As life passed by, the mirror so clear
Reflected my smiles, my laughs and tears

And from a cracked old mirror, now I see
Is a life well spent, smiling at me

No comments:

Post a Comment