Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Treble of a Breaking Heart.


The night is long my dear,
it’s long.
The moon is alone in the sky
The slow soft breeze doth sigh
The song is sung,
it’s sung.

The sun is sinking my dear,
it’s sinking.
Look at the birds flying home
O’er the palm tree standing alone
The day is done
it’s done.

The primrose lonely my dear,
on the hill
Ere the fragrance soft and sweetest
Doth the light seem its bleakest
The joy is gone,
it’s gone.

The little young lad my dear
is crying
Crying out with his soul
A burgeoning loss of whole
He smiles no more,
no more.

The daffodils yellow my dear,
 in the field
Nod not their bright heads
The tulip doth not glow red
They smiles are gone,
are gone.

The lonely wolf my dear,
is cursed for he
Hath no comfort of Morpheus’s arms
Nor the gentle song and calm
The wolf is cursed,
is cursed.

The night is long my dear,
it’s long.
The heart will slow its beat
As to sleep go aching feet
Lying on the bed so alone,
so alone.

And o’er all this you will hear my dear – a new more foreign sound
A sound unlike any other. A haunting melody of sorts.
The treble of a breaking heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment