Saturday, October 16, 2010

Dance With Me

The breath I draw is now careworn.
The heart and beats are battered and torn.
Do you want it?
Maybe you had it.
It doesn't matter now, I am alone.

The eyes that once did shine so bright
Have no sense, no depth, no light.
Who took it away?
Nothing more to say
That battered heart cries of fright.

The empty hands that once held
The soft embrace that once witheld
Where has it gone?
Where is that song?
That once in time wind upheld?

No you cannot start that fire
Not when the heart is barbed in a wire
Detach it, you must
In time I will learn to trust
The surest start of wildfire.

So blaze your kisses down neck and throat
Sing to me the song you wrote
Make my hair fall down
Pleasure away this frown
Make me beg to stay afloat

A broken heart, in pieces and shards.
Do you want it?
No.
Would you take it?
No.
Win it.
I want you to win it.

It's the only way.
The beats are long, just sway.
Dance with me this night.
Dance to the pink dawn light.
It's the only way.

No comments:

Post a Comment