Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Boy

He sings to me; that boy that man
He sits outside my window pane
Every night without fault I see him smiling
Sitting through the dreary rain
He sings his songs, so soft so beautiful
Heart breaking, a soft lullaby
His voice it tilts me over soft yonder
When the moon smiles in the sky
His long lean body shakes in the cold
And it calls out for my embrace
I see him through my window glass
Through curtains and trails of lace

Caged I am within these walls 
For I cannot speak out to that boy
His eyes smile like the Evening Star
It brims with unbridled joy
I long to hold him for I am falling in love
But I cannot bring down these walls
So I sit and listen as he sings to me
As his voice to my soul it calls
The need for me to sooth his hurt
Grows to drive me insane
But I cannot go so I sit and watch
The boy outside my window pane. 

No comments:

Post a Comment