Wednesday, May 12, 2010

All Mirrors Lie


 O Mirror in to which I dost stare
This face is not mine!
What a glow, what a shine
Of a beautiful maiden fair

O Mirror show me for what I am
Portray me for me
Don't show a leaf for a tree!
Don't show and oyster for a clam!

O Mirror why dost thou do this?
Does my face berate thee?
Why dost thou hate me?
Dost my face hinder your illusion of bliss?

Oh Mirror, deceitful perception say
Why dost thou not show my heart
My soul and being, why apart?
What dost I have to pay?

O Mirror so cunning, tell me
Dost thou know the pain
From these visions insane
Why cannot I truthfully see?

O Mirror deceptive thou dost claim
What you show is true
Mirror, I dost rue
Uttereth such sweet words, shame!

O Mirror, my fickle friend be gone
I dost not want you now
Showeth long hair, fair brown
Leave me be alone and torn.

O Mirror I would rather see me
Through the eyes of a man
Who loves me for what I am
Least then Mirror, I'll see me truthfully.

O Mirror thy gilt frame bright
Shows all false all fake
Why dost thou make
Ridicule of my plight?

O Mirror deceptive beautiful liar
I hope thy reflection shatters
For thou, Mirror, thou dost not mater
May you be with a fate so dire!

O Mirror that hung, shatter break die!
Be gone! Be gone forever more
I shalt not trust what thou shalt show
For all Mirrors, like thou, they lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment