Friday, May 07, 2010

The Fat Story


I am one of those girls you know.

The one who sits alone.

The one guys hardly ever talk to.

The one who never gets asked to dance at a party.

The one who's the topic of so many jokes.

The girl who gets bullied.

The girl who smiles at the rude remarks the people make.

Why?
Because I am fat.

No, I am not ashamed to admit it. I am seven kilograms overweight.

I have never once worn a bikini in my whole life.

Never gotten in to a beautiful body hugging red dress.

I have a tummy.

I have fat arms.

And bigger thighs.

I am the constant target of so many jokes.

People never look twice at me.

Hardly smile at me.

I have a few friends.

Who see me past my adipose tissue and puppy-fat face.

I am truly glad that they are there.

I have a boyfriend. A truly amazing person.

He sees me for who I am. He loves me for that.

I have a sister and a cousin sister.

Two wonderful people who love me just the way I am.

And there are those other people. 

Those selected few.

Who see me for my passion of writing.

And my newfound talent of photography.

And my overall personality.

So maybe I am not gorgeous and drop dead hot.

Maybe I fall on my face all the time.

But I am NOT what this world wants me to be.

I am not a perfectly thin representation of what a girl should be.

I don't have collarbone cavities that collect water when I shower.

To some, I am The Fat Girl Who Sits in a Corner and Doesn't Talk.

To some I am Savindri The Girl Who Writes and Talks All The Time.

And to a very select few, I am Savindri, A Person I Love.

I prefer the latter from these.

It is so hard to fit in.

I have tried. Now, I have given up.

Because who needs to tell me how to live my life?

Who needs to tell me what and what not to do?

Do you think it's fair by anyone to judge someone based on their size?

We have no right to judge at all.

All we have the right to do is to like or dislike a person. We are not allowed to judge.

I am fat. And I am fine about it.

Like they say, those who matter don't mind.

The world tells us who we are.

Until we rise up and tell the world.

So I think I'll let those who make fun of me keep at it.

After all, being tolerant with ignorant fools who air there opinions is a virtue.

It does affect me though.

There are times when I hate myself. Hate this body I have been given.
I cannot help it. I am a human and we all have vanity embedded in us, however small.

So maybe I'll forget what others say.

Tune them out.

And be happy with what I have.

But tell me... would you bully or tease another person because of their size?

In a few short years.. you might be six times the size I am now.

What will you do then?

Think and answer.

2 comments:

  1. you don't know me, but I found your blog and all I have to say is...

    YOU GO GIRL! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much, I really really appreciate you taking the time! :)

    ReplyDelete