Friday, June 18, 2010

Reality.


Wake up! Wake up your voice beckoned to me
I told you that I liked the dark
But look outside, you told me
And showed me that my life was stark
Step outside, you told me
Come, enjoy the flowers!
Let the warmth of the day cradle you
Don't be down and dour

I'm sick of waking I told you
Because I dread the end
I want to dream and not ever know
If I have any real friend
But reality is so much more you said
So much vibrant than a dream
Because the real word keeps on changing
Nothing is as it seems

So I woke and then you walked with me
Along a deep, rutted road
Ditches, potholes, I kept falling
And then you lightened my load
We walked to a cliff, the sea so vast
Spread out like a blue silk fine
The sun on our backs, the wind on our hair
Made everything glow and shine

Walk to the edge with me you said
And I trusted you to hold my hand
So there we were at the brink of falling
Looking out over the land
Your voice and your heart assured me
Your kisses, they spoke the same
I felt so safe and loved and wanted
Whenever you said my name

I left my dreams and came with you
But then, what did you do?
You walked the lonely road with me
But I know now nothing, is true
You see, reality is changing
Where as dreams, they just remain
So when you pushed me off that cliff
Did you feel any pain?

Or did you feel the love that I gave you?
Those nights I held you to me?
Did you turn away while I was falling down
On to the deathly rocks of the sea?
But even as I kept falling
I didn't have the heart to hate
Because the happiness you showed me outshone it
Outshone my sad, loveless fate

Did you remember what you spoke
And the way I felt on your skin?
Was that a tear that I saw in your eye
Did you feel like you did truly win?
Do you still remember these things?
Because I still hear you voice
I call out to you, but you can't hear me
Sorry to say it was your choice

So maybe now you're thinking of me
Analysing things that went wrong
And maybe you'll hear my voice in the wind
Singing our favorite songs
What might happen, I do not know
What things that you might redeem
But the next time dearest, please be aware
That I am choosing the dreams.


No comments:

Post a Comment